Sunday, October 13, 2013

HEAR WHAT FORMER STUDENTS HAVE TO SAY!!!









FROM COURTNEY: Dear Dr. Merrick
I hope you are doing well. I think of you often. Every time I flip on the travel channel or I watch a movie set in Paris, I think about you. I think about the way I am completely different and how traveling has broadened my perspective. I think about everything you taught and the unforgettable time I spent with you. I am truly a wiser person and to date I don't think any experience I have ever had, has impacted me the way Study Abroad has. So Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


FROM ROB: In my four years at USF the two most enjoyable weeks I had were my trips to London/Paris and Spain with Dr. Merrick, bar none. These two incredibly well planned trips (down to every delicious meal) will take you through the major historical landmarks of each respective country as well as provide a great opportunity to experience the local culture in the evening. Never a dull moment, you are guaranteed to get more than your money's worth on either of these trips. Through Dr. Merrick's travel's she has found and stayed in contact with the best tour guides that each city has to offer. An incredible experience, I would highly recommend both trips to anyone! The course load is very fair and the memories and knowledge you will take away will stick with you for a life time. Fly Navy! Go Bulls! Note from Dr. Merrick: The Spain trip is no longer offered.


FROM ASHLEIGH: I would have to say that by far my best experience at USF has been on the London/Paris trip. While you learn a lot from the course work you will, by far, learn more while in these cities then anything you could read about. You don’t just get to see the tourist locations, you actually get to experience what the locals see and do every day. Dr. Merrick’s travel experience makes for an amazing trip. She will show you and bring you to places that years of visiting these destinations have taught her. I went on London/Paris trip in 2007 and I still talk about it. The stories and memories that you’ll make on these trips are beyond compare. I went not knowing anyone, so don’t be afraid that you’ll be an outsider or left alone. you’d be surprised how international travel actually unites people.


FROM NATOSHA: I loved the London Paris trip. I have always wanted to go to Europe. and I am very happy that I went with Dr. Merrick and USF. My favorite thing in London was Wimbledon. I went on my free time with another student. I love tennis so it was pretty awesome to see one of the most famous tennis complexes in the world. In Paris, my favorite thing was the Eiffel Tower. It was amazing to see it in person.


FROM KATIE: This trip was an incredible experience and I will never forget it! It is definitely now the highlight of my time at USF. It was the perfect way to earn my last few credits and close out college before graduation in August. I’m sad to be leaving, but already planning a trip back!